I am …
- The only candidate to live in either Wards 3 or 6 and send her children to public school. My opponent lives in Ward 5 and sends her children to a catholic school.
I aim to …
- Promote student achievement and well-being in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Build a strong partnership between parents, the community and the Board (see my blog ‘Keeping You Informed’)
- Work to solve school capacity and busing issues.
- Advocate for a sex-ed curriculum that is current and age appropriate (see my blog ‘Sex-Ed’)
- Continue advocating for ‘Fair Funding’ as it is unacceptable that the HDSB is the lowest funded Ontario English public school board.
- Ensure there is funding to support special education programs (see my blog ‘Special Education Funding’)
- Improve school infrastructure through effective allocation of resources (e.g. air conditioning).
- Bring School Councils together to share concerns and devise solutions (see my blog ‘Keeping You Informed’)
- Increase awareness about a Trustee’s role (see my blog ‘What is a School Board Trustee?’)
I promise to …
- Listen to you.
- Be honest.
- Keep you informed.
- Represent you to the best of my ability.
- Be your partner in education.